While it’s great to have healthy locks on your head, it’s not so nice anymore when these locks of hair grow on your face or your body. If you have more hair on these parts than you desire, there are solutions to help remove and lessen it over time. One such option is the use of hair removal creams.
Hair removal creams have been around for quite some time and there are many reasons why people prefer it over shaving, waxing, or other clinical treatments. If it’s your first time of hearing about depilatories and want to try them, you might be asking yourself the question, “Where can I buy hair removal cream?”
What is a Hair Removal Cream?
Before asking yourself where you can buy a hair removal cream, it’s best to understand what it is first and how it works. A hair removal cream is basically a cream that removes body or facial hair. How does this happen?
Hair removal creams work by breaking down the hair’s protein structure. When this happens, the hair comes out easily when you rub off the cream. There are different formulations for hair removal creams available and each of these formulations works differently on normal skin, sensitive skin, coarse or thick hair, body hair, and facial hair.
Why Should You Try a Hair Removal Cream?
If you’ve never tried a hair removal or depilatory cream in your life, you won’t have to leave it a mystery for much longer, especially when you have body or facial hair that needs to be removed effectively.
- It’s a cheap alternative. While the laser and other clinical treatments you can get from a dermatologist are very nice, not everyone can afford them. These treatments can be quite expensive, and depending on your skin and hair type may require several treatments which can add up the total costs.
- It yields great results. Depilatory creams work wonders. They are able to remove body or facial hair without the dreaded razor bumps.
- It’s easy to use. All you’ll need to do is apply the cream evenly on a cleaned target area, wait the recommended time frame, and wipe off. You’ll get hair-free results and smooth skin after.
- It’s pain free. Waxing, threading, and even plucking all get the job done but none of these options mentioned are pain-free. Hair removal creams offer a pain-free way of removing unwanted body or facial hair. When used according to instructions, you will not experience the burning or stinging sensation that is associated with chemical treatments.
- Results can be seen in as little as 10 minutes. Depending on the brand of depilatory cream you use, results can be seen in as little as 3 minutes to as long as 10 minutes. It’s advisable not to prolong the cream on the skin to avoid irritation.
- Hair regrowth takes long. Shaving off your hair causes hair to grow back after a day or two. You’ll start to notice those little bumps and grow stubble that can be itchy and far from smooth. When you use depilatories, hair regrowth takes some time. Your hair can grow back for as long as 2 to 3 weeks. You’ll end up saving a lot more because your product will last longer due to less usage.
Where Can I Buy Hair Removal Cream?
Hair removal creams are very common nowadays. It’s as common as finding a razor in the market – that’s how widespread the need for hair removal solutions is.
One of the most common places to buy a hair removal cream is the department store. Your local mall will most probably carry a line of hair removal creams, ranging from different brands to different formulations.
Another place you can go to look for hair removal creams is your local drugstore. You will find these products together with the razor, shaving cream, wax strips and more. Your choice may not be as varied as a department store though.
If you want to maintain your privacy or simply want a wider choice of hair removal creams, the best place to shop is online. If you already have a preferred brand, you can shop from the brand’s website directly. If you’re looking for more options, you can shop from online merchants.